The Fulbright FLTA Program is a nine-month, non-degree program that provides young teachers of English an opportunity to refine their teaching skills, increase their English language proficiency and extend their knowledge of the society and culture of the United States, while being teaching assistants for Vietnamese language to U.S students and strengthening Vietnamese language instruction at U.S. colleges and universities.
Fulbright FLTA participants will assist in up to twenty (20) hours of Vietnamese classes per week, and are required to enroll in at least two courses per semester, one of which must be in U.S. Studies. The remaining coursework should relate to their careers in English language teaching. Coursework is offered on either an audit or credit basis. Fulbright FLTA participants will also be expected to facilitate extra curriculum activities, cultural events, language clubs, conversation groups, and community projects.
The Fulbright Program in Vietnam, at U.S. Embassy Hanoi, will coordinate to nominate up to 4 candidates f-rom Vietnam. It is anticipated that 2 awards will be made.
· Hold Vietnamese citizenship
· Have at least one undergraduate degree
· Teachers of English
· A valid minimum TOEFL – IBT score of 79 or IELTS 6.5
· Residing in Vietnam
A complete application includes:
1. An online application
2. Original Transcripts with certified English translations
3. An original degree with certified English translations
4. Letters of recommendation (three required)
5. A valid TOEFL or IELTS score report.
Fulbright FLTA Program awards will provide:
· A monthly stipend
· Accident and sickness coverage
· Travel support
· Tuition fees will be waived for the required coursework
Deadline: Sunday, June 15, 2014
Application Form: Only online applications with completed supporting documents will be considered. The online application is available at:https://apply.embark.com/student/fulbright/flta
Point of contact: Ms. Vu Quynh Nga
Phone: (04) 3850-5000 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org